ultimaker 3 extended

Go to solution Solved by fbrc8-erin,

Posted · ultimaker 3 extended

Hello , I  came across an abandoned Ultimaker 3 extended printer. The printer hotend enclosure/assembly is disassembled and looks like it had a jam as filament covers the hot end .

IMG_2341.thumb.JPEG.cf4f1f97d3e0498b70862d85ebc271b7.JPEG

I am going to use a heat gun and melt and get it cleaned up. After i get it cleaned up, i would like to this put back together. 

My question is does anyone know where i can start on getting some good instructions on the assembly?  I have some good foundational knowledge of 3d printers. But no experience with Ultimakers.  Good videos etc?

thanks for any advice on pointing me in a good starting direction. 

Mick

That's called a "head flood" and is somewhat common.  Never happened to me and I have 2 of these.

It may take you 2 hours to clear that out but it's worth it.  This is a nice printer.  I'll look for instructions...

Print head is identical among all UM3 printer types (extended and not) and extremely similar to S3 and S5 printers such that any of those 4 printer types instructions would work for you.

• Like 1

This google search got some good youtube videos.  fbrc8 are experts on this.  They have assembled tens of thousands of UM3/S3/S5 printers and have fixed many as well:

Google search this and there are some good videos on youtube:

ultimaker 3 print head disassembly fbrc8

• Like 1

• Solution

This video should take you through most of the reassembly process when you're at the point of putting it back together. 

You may be able to pull most of the filament off with a heat gun and pliers--I think the left Print Core will probably be a loss, but you can probably save most of the print head and the BB Print Core.

• Like 1

awesome. thank you for taking a minute to point in the right direction. I am pretty good the Creality brand printers so this is new to me.  Where is a good place to get parts?