PLA color on site v.s. PLA color your receive

xeno

Posted · PLA color on site v.s. PLA color your receive

(Disclaimer, this is not a post to bash Colorfabb, I really like their products and have ordered a lot from them)

I have ordered PLA from several vendors and never had real problems with the color I receive compared on what the website shows.

I recently ordered some Natural PLA on the Colorfabb site that looked almost white, but what I received was way more darker then the image on the site.

is there a color difference to be expected and am I to picky ?

what is your experience.

What is on the site:

IMG_1102.PNG

and what I received:

IMG_1100.JPG

I have 7 or 8 different colours from Colorfabb and they all match what I expected from the website, but I do not have the natural. I have natural from Faberdashery which I used for windows on an architectural project. Well they look like windows except of course they are not transparent. Your reel of natural looks duff to me - I wonder have they mistakenly sent you pale gold?

I recently ordered some Natural PLA on the Colorfabb site that looked almost white, but what I received was way more darker then the image on the site.

is there a color difference to be expected and am I to picky ?

Hi Xeno,

Thank you for reporting your experience, I guess the photo is a bit to overexposed which makes the filament look too pale. The exposure was set so the background is almost 100% white, but in this case it has changed the color tone of the filament too much. Will fix it as soon as possible.

BhZBsWmIIAAMrXk.jpg

The filament itself really is our natural color, this is what PLA/PHA looks like without any coloring. It's not a transparent as regular PLA, the PHA makes a bit cloudy and slightly translucent. When it's on a spool it will seem slightly darker then when it's being printed, because of it's translucency. Diablo in the photo above is printed with PLA/PHA naturel.

Could you tell me the production date of the filament? A slight change in production (not material recipe, exactly the same) made the PLA/PHA naturel a bit less dark, so it might be you received one of those.

What material is the 3d printed part on top of the spool?

p.s. if you're not pleased with the material contact us at support@colorfabb.com and we'll get it sorted.

The piece on top of the spool is natural PLA I made parts with, en definitely a different color the your Natural PLA,

I ordered on the presumption that I would get the color PLA like on the site image :)

Natural PLA to me is almost white and semi transparent, and most filament suppliers have this, and not looking cream colored.

The PLA has a "MAR 20 2014" date

I already had several email contact about this "Natural" PLA, but support is adamant that this is the colorfabb Natural PLA, and it should look like this, and that example images, I sent of the natural PLA, is not Natural PLA but XT !

Ask Sander.

And support not getting the fact that the image on the site is not the same as the color you get !

I just gave up, as I do not have the willpower to keep on trying to convince support that I am not happy with what I received, and what I thought I would receive.