Need Help Finding Replacement Print Head for Ultimaker 3 in Turkey

Go to solution Solved by fbrc8-erin,

Posted · Need Help Finding Replacement Print Head for Ultimaker 3 in Turkey

I am in need of assistance with my Ultimaker 3, which has developed multiple problems with its print head. Despite extensive searching, I have been unable to find a replacement part for the print head online. I am considering using an Ultimaker 2 print head as an alternative, but I am concerned about compatibility issues and the loss of key features.

Could anyone advise if it is possible to purchase an original Ultimaker 3 print head in Turkey? If the original part is no longer available, are there recommended third-party alternatives that are compatible with the Ultimaker 3?

I appreciate any guidance or suggestions you can offer. Thank you in advance for your help.

@fbrc8-erin - is there a buy-able part for that or do they have to buy the whole print head or what?

@oguzsah005 realize that many assemblies are not listed online.  You can call your reseller and ask them what the smallest assembly is that includes what you want (include a photo).  Although erin is an expert and can probably tell you what is the smallest part number and then once you know the part or assembly number you can order it from your reseller.

I have a friend who, I'm pretty sure, ordered just all the plastic parts alone of the print head and it was very inexpensive.

• Like 2

• Solution

The whole print head assembly is available; it's part 213194. That's the entire print head (plastic parts, cable, PCB, active leveling parts, fans, screws, nozzle seal), without the Print Cores. It should be orderable from your reseller, though as gr5 said, many resellers don't list some of the parts online. 

I have the print head online and available, but unfortunately can only ship with the US.

It does look like there are 2 resellers in Turkey: https://ultimaker.com/resellers/turkey/

• Like 1

I think he wants to save money buy purchasing only the plastic parts or even just the one part he needs.

I'd just reprint that part in something tougher.  Something slightly more flexible.  Such as "tough PLA", ABS (many but not all abs filaments are a little more flexible than PLA making them much tougher) or Nylon.

The slight increase in flexibility means the part warps (just a tiny bit - maybe 0.2mm in your example) and this distributes the forces better and makes the part "stronger".

Also with long term high pressure, PLA slowly deforms.  I don't think any other filament does this.  So PLA isn't great for using (for example) as a coat hanger.  The loop will slowly straighten over weeks/months.  So that may be your issue.  So it may be that *any* filament other than PLA will work fine.

You can order the individual replacement parts if needed and rebuild a printhead, but depending on how many parts (and which parts are needed), the price of the parts a la carte can add up fast. 

It's the part at the top of the print head that keeps the printcore from sliding out.  Maybe the original poster can post a photo?

When you slide the print core in, and you push on the top it clicks in place.  That click is when the top of the printcore is now held in at the top (it's also held in at the bottom with the metal part).

Posted (edited) · Need Help Finding Replacement Print Head for Ultimaker 3 in Turkey

I need the entire print head as it is really damaged. My friend, who is an expert in FDM 3D printing, and I had a lot of trouble repairing it. Thanks for your help; I am reaching out to my reseller with all the advice you gave.

I cannot share the photos as the printer is in an office that I rarely visit these days, but when I am there, I can describe the problem with the head and let you know.

Edited by oguzsah005