Help! Ultimaker 3 3D simple issues after a 2 weeks of printing PLA, any fix?

JJ3D

Posted · Help! Ultimaker 3 3D simple issues after a 2 weeks of printing PLA, any fix?

I had heard so many good reviews about this 3D printer, but I've spent the last 2 weeks only trying to fix issues. One nozzle has been used for a total of 11 hours, while the other has only been used for 5 hours, which is like new. After this the Ultimaker 3 3D printer had been unused for 2 years. I followed the instructions and applied oil as recommended. The belts are not worn out and appear to be properly tensioned. I performed a manual adjustment then by an automatic one. After 2 weeks of use, it started to develop some simple issues after printing. The head position is not straight, and there is a sound when leveling the print bed.. Is there any fix for this?

Posted (edited) · Help! Ultimaker 3 3D simple issues after a 2 weeks of printing PLA, any fix?

Hi @JJ3D,

Welcome in here.

On the UM3 there are two shafts that the head are moving along.

The shafts are press fit into the belt/shaft holder, it sounds like the "upper" shaft (across X shaft) is snapped out of the "belt/shaft (plastic) holder".

You may press them together using your fingers, you'll hear/feel when it "click" in place.

Be aver that this shaft trigger the (Y-axe) end stop switch, located (upper) inner left side. 

The strange sound is due to the shaft moving rapidly up and down as it move along the X-shaft.

The shafts also appear to be crooked, not buttoned at 90 degrees straight with (the belt/shaft holder).

Note:

It appear that the (Y-axe) stop switch are located on the left side of UM3 (and right side of UMS3).

Good luck

Thanks

Torgeir

Edited by Torgeir
    Error..
    • Like 2

Posted · Help! Ultimaker 3 3D simple issues after a 2 weeks of printing PLA, any fix?

torgeir and especially erin are quite smart but I didn't see the shaft loose?  I didn't look too carefully.

Also the glass bed looks very crooked compared to the gantry.  Is that the same issue?  If so you might need to do manual leveling again after fixing the thin rod.  Or maybe it's just the camera angle?