Week 15 of unfulfilled order

Posted · Week 15 of unfulfilled order

I have made multiple attempts to get the remainder of my order from December 20, 2013. I wait two weeks minimum between requests to be reasonable and allow time for a busy staff to respond. I wish I didn't feel the need to spend time writing this, but I think it needs to be documented.

The following is a timeline of my experience:

Day/Wk - Ticket Date - Response

0/0 - Dec 20, 2013 - Original order

24/3 - Jan 13, 2014 - Received partial order

25/3 - Jan 14, 2014 - Jan 15 - told to wait until end of Feb. for rest of order

74/10 - Mar 04, 2014 - Mar 6 - told it would ship shortly

93/13 - Mar 23, 2014 - No response!

Sander responded to matching forum entry, but nothing has come of that?

108/15 - Apr 07, 2014 - Trying again! Submitted a ticket and made a forum entry

As a business owner of an under-staffed operation, I have been patient. I understand being overwhelmed and most of the Ultimaker team seems to be quite helpful, with the apparent exception of not shipping orders in a FIFO fashion.

When a customer has paid for multiple backordered items and one of those items is received at UM, who gets it? It seems fair to me that the item would be set aside until the rest of the backordered items arrive for the customer. If not, a person could wait indefinitely for ALL of the backordered items to be available at the same time.

Also, having a tracking number emailed when ANY item gets shipped would also reduce the duration of frustration. The days while the order is in transit would be better spent with excitement and anticipation rather than uncertainty and an assumption that nothing is being done to expedite the order. For all I know, my items could arrive today, unannounced.

I am certain the logistics at UM will improve over time, but at this point I would research other options before placing another order with them. Even though I do love my printer and its build quality.

Please help!

~Steve

*I just checked the four items I am waiting for and they all appear to be in stock. I have read multiple posts of more recent orders being fulfilled with items I paid for so long ago. If everyone were waiting for the same items, I would be more understanding.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, another two weeks has passed and I haven't seen the remainder of my order or been notified of its shipment.

I did receive a response on April 8, 2014 to my support ticket from the day before:

"I understand it has been a hassle to receive these products.

I have contacted my logistic department. To arrange the shipment of the material this week.

We will send you more information, when the order has been shipped.

To reimburse you for the delay of your PLA and UltiController, we are going to send you a Doodle3D.

So you can create 3D prints by drawing. I hope you will appreciate this gesture."

I have nothing more to say at this time...

Hi Xisle,

Thank you for your post.

I am very sorry it has been so difficult to get an appropriate shipping date from us or even get your order completed at all. I have send an email to my colleagues from the sales team and they will contact you to sort out the details and have your remaining order shipped out this week.

My apologies for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask and I would be more then happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...

I received a package today! It contained an UltiController, Doodle3D and three rolls of filament.

The Transparent PLA and Flexible Black PLA I ordered was substituted with Pearl White and Dark Green TR. I guess I will reorder those two from elsewhere after the struggle to get what I got today.

Time to put the controller together and try it out.