new to 3d printing and ultimaker2

hawkview

Posted · new to 3d printing and ultimaker2

Hello everyone, I have a ultimaker 2 and I'm really enjoying it, just a few questions

When levelling the bed with paper should you keep the paper in between nosle and bed moving until to you resistance or should you move the paper out completely so that you fell resistance when trying to put the paper back under nosle and bed?

When setting the print speed in curu say to 50ms than printing from the SD card after you saved that setting does the tune option of speed on u2 represent that speed so 100% is 50ms and 50 would be 25ms?

so 100% is 50ms and 50 would be 25ms?

yes

should you keep the paper in between nosle and bed

Pretty much, yes. I move it back and forth many times and do the lightest possible pressure between bed and nozzle. But really the proper test is your first layer. It should be squished a bit so that each trace is wider than it is tall and the traces should have almost no gap between them. Yet if you are printing too close to the bed, then the pressure will build up (no place for PLA to go) and you will get skips of the extruder causing zero extrusion for a few seconds on the bottom layer.

I prefer .3mm for the bottom layer so my leveling doesn't have to be quite as perfect.

I can usually go a month or more without re-leveling once I get it really good.

Thank you for the answers,

I been print the robot I know its not the best print to start with when learning but he is cool.

I printed the first one straight from sd card, second one changed just the bed temp, third followed the setting from the fourm on how to print the robot better. nosle temp was to high I think for this print 220 will try 190 next time.

enjoyed seeing what changes affect what part of the print.

First ever printThe army in the makingthe army in making 2feet first