Ulticontroller mini group buy to Aus

Posted · Ulticontroller mini group buy to Aus

Anyone interested in getting the new Ulticontroller and saving on freight?

Me and jet are in so far.

Overseas freight + all freight in Aus will be split.

We are doing the order Monday our time.

Ask any questions here and let me know if you are interested.

• 1 month later...

im also interested.

edit: damn it just read it, looks like the orders been sent ages ago.

want more people interested? try emailing around the australian hackerspaces list. im pretty sure there would be a few from hackerspace-adelaide that would also be interested

im also interested.

edit: damn it just read it, looks like the orders been sent ages ago.

want more people interested? try emailing around the australian hackerspaces list. im pretty sure there would be a few from hackerspace-adelaide that would also be interested

We never sent the order once it went out of stock.

I'm likely to be ordering an Ultimaker kit and controller before the end of next week if anyone wants to get in on the order. Still weighing up the pros and cons of this and the MakerBot Replicator with dual heads.

Bad luck

I just got my ulticontroller last week (but had no time to assemble it). Two quick question is there any ultimaker next to mine in Canberra?

And where do you guys order PLA from within Australia?

Thanks in advance

No problem :)

Sounds like we need to setup an Australian Ultimaker owners thread so we can organise group buys of supplies and parts.

I'm going to order a bunch of PLA and ABS in from overseas if you want to get a few reels in. We're a registered australian company so we'll just bring them in and sell them to you at cost if you need an invoice.

Pretty sure we're going to go for the Ultimaker now and try to set it up for dual extruders so we can build soluble supports.

Pretty sure we're going to go for the Ultimaker now and try to set it up for dual extruders so we can build soluble supports.
    Note that you are entering an experimental area then:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=773&start=30

With the latest retraction settings from Florian things are improving. But oozing remains a bit of a problem.

where do you guys order PLA from within Australia?

Thanks in advance

try http://bilbycnc.com.au/DisplayCat.asp?CatID=9&SubCatID=100 in Aus - haven't bought filament from them

or http://ultimachine.com/catalog/print-materials/pla/pla-3mm (freight works out OK if you buy the right amount of reels) - quality seems good

both companies send their orders off very quick.

Note that you are entering an experimental area then:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=773&start=30

With the latest retraction settings from Florian things are improving. But oozing remains a bit of a problem.

We realise that its an experimental area, however the quality of normal printing is just so much higher from the samples i've seen (even when not trying to go for quality) that it really makes sense for us when we want to use it for rapid prototyping enclosures for electronics we design. We have a mechanical engineer working here so we figure we can probably work out something, and we have the machinery to make the little parts we might need to try those plans out. We'll see i guess - if nothing else we'll end up with superior quality single colour/material.

We ended up ordering last night in the hopes of getting it before a job we're working on is finished so we can do the prototypes inhouse rather than going to ponoko or shapeways. Ordered with Ulticontroller for when our CNC computers are busy with other machines and with an extra hot end assembly + bowden tube + drive roller. We have plenty of steppers lying around the workshop when we get to doing dual head experiments.

try http://bilbycnc.com.au/DisplayCat.asp?CatID=9&SubCatID=100 in Aus - haven't bought filament from them

or http://ultimachine.com/catalog/print-materials/pla/pla-3mm (freight works out OK if you buy the right amount of reels) - quality seems good

both companies send their orders off very quick.

I've just received my first PLA from Bilby, service is great, but can't speak for the quality of the filament yet.

Hi has anyone ordered from them before?

http://diamondage.co.nz/

Just wanted to add that I ordered my kit with an ulticontroller, so looking forward to you guys getting them too so we can compare notes.

It's a really neat bit of kit.

Yup, we ordered with ulticontroller too :)

I just installed the ulticontroller (had to patch it because of older electronics). It's running great.

Is there a Manual. It's really easy to use, but for example it crashed once when I inserted the sd card and also i am not sure if it is possible to resume a print once stopped. I think i remember daid mentioned in one of his multiple color print that he changed the filament and then resumed it somehow.

Cheers anf have fun once your ulticontroller arrives.

Is there a Manual. It's really easy to use, but for example it crashed once when I inserted the sd card and also i am not sure if it is possible to resume a print once stopped. I think i remember daid mentioned in one of his multiple color print that he changed the filament and then resumed it somehow.
    I have a dual extrusion Ultimaker. So no need to stop :)

However, I implemented M0/M1 to insert a pause into the print. Some more info can be found at my cat gears key chain:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:23589

The "crash" when inserting the SD card is fixed in newer firmware versions.

@ Daid

Not sure if i understood correctly. When you say it is fixed with the new firmware, did you mean Marlin or the ulticontroller firmware? If you meant the ulticontroller firmware how can i upgrade it?

Thanks for the link to the M0/m1 tweak as unfortunately i do not have a dual extrusion ultimaker...

My next project will most likely be a heated bed, but stillnot sure whih version.

You don't need dual extrusion for the M0 M1 tweak. And there is only 1 firmware, the Ulticontroller doesn't have any firmware (all is handled by the Marlin firmware)