Greeting from Northern Ireland & price query

andrew-white

Posted · Greeting from Northern Ireland & price query

Hi folks, hope to be placing an order for an UM2 within the next 10 days. I have a query on the price imakr are showing the price @ £1999 sterling with availability from 2-5-14 however Ultimaker are 8 - 10 weeks lead time on one with a price of 1895 Euro. At the current exchange rate that comes in at £1562 am I reading that right or is there vat to be added if so at what rate?

Many thanks Andy

The 1895€ are ex.vat (even says on the page right next to the price, though its in grey letters that are harder to spot)

Its 21% and you need to add shipping as well. For me in DK thats 26.84 with FedEx, which means the final price would come to 2325,43€...

If you start to fill in an order you can see the correct price before reaching the payment section and hitting the "place order" button...

Welcome Andrew. Yes you need to add VAT and consider import duty.

I bought mine from Imakr and it was delivered exactly when they suggested.

I got my UM2 from iMakr as well, and it was delivered on the promised day exactly. Frankly I think they're much more efficient as a retailer than Ultimaker themselves, so IMHO a few quid extra is worth it.

Many thanks for the feedback. Given the lead time and the import duty variable think I will go with Imakr, also on checking today I see thy have knocked off £30 from the price I saw Sunday evening. Will probably use that as an excuse to get a bit more filament ... Lol.

Andrew, save the 30 quid and buy some Faberdashery instead !

Buy your UM2 from iMakr, but I'd be very wary about buying filament from them - they will happily sell you whatever you order, not mentioning that it won't fit your printer (wrong spool size, or wrong filament diam). I've had good success with Spectrum filaments (see my review topic), others will have their own recommendations.