Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
Daid

About the "Cura anonymous usage information"

About a year ago, I added the "anonymous usage information" checkbox in Cura, which submits some info about how you are configuring Cura to YouMagine.

Last week, I finally took a small look at this data. And, I found out that due to a change in YouMagine, I only have data of a few months in 2013. Which is a bit of a shame, and a year old. (It's about 14000 records of data)

What I did see however, is that the vast majority of people use Windows. (93%) Next up, to my surprise, was Linux (6%), and MacOS was only used a tiny bit (<1%)

The MacOS version of Cura had still some issues back then. So I'm suspecting that's impacting that number a bit.

Still need to do some statistics on the used profiles.

Maybe Mac users, like me, are more careful of submitting "anonymous usage information" :)

I'll turn mine back on again, maybe it helps getting the Mac version to work better :)

Well, as I said, in the current version it does not work (it requires a change in the Cura code)

It should work in the latest RC:

http://software.ultimaker.com/Cura_closed_beta/

Still, as this data is a year old, I'm taking it with a huge amount of salt. (And, we have almost all Mac's at the office, so the Mac version does need to work)