Can't reply to posts on Ultimaker Google Group

approx

Posted · Can't reply to posts on Ultimaker Google Group

Hi,

I recently joined the google groups for Ultimaker, but I can't seem to post to it. Do others have this issue as well? I tried the option of replying to emails, but got a bounce message saying:

"We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (ultimaker) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

* You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.

* The owner of the group may have removed this group.

* You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.

* This group may not be open to posting."

How do I go about getting permission to post to Ultimaker Google group?

I always reply from the groups site:

http://groups.google.com/group/ultimaker/

seems to work.

I can view that page, but it does not give me options to reply. I am part of other google groups as well, where I can see a Post Reply icon in Red, but not in the ultimaker google group. i will perhaps send an email to support@utlimaker and ask them to give me permissions..

I can see that you (or somebody else named 'approx') joined the group 4 days ago but that "posting" for you is set to "none" insead of the "allowed" setting that most people have. There are a number of others that have joined in the last couple weeks like that, too. I don't see anyway to change that setting, though.. WTH, google?

I'll poke around with it some more. I seem to have all the right privs to manage/approve members but google is saying there aren't any new members to approve..

Is it sending you emails when people post?

edit: try posting now.. Better?

I can see that you (or somebody else named 'approx') joined the group 4 days ago but that "posting" for you is set to "none" insead of the "allowed" setting that most people have. There are a number of others that have joined in the last couple weeks like that, too. I don't see anyway to change that setting, though.. WTH, google?

I'll poke around with it some more. I seem to have all the right privs to manage/approve members but google is saying there aren't any new members to approve..

Is it sending you emails when people post?

edit: try posting now.. Better?

Yes I can see the option to post now!! Not sure if you did something or did ultimaker support did something (as I sent them an email yesterday).. but thanks :)

Yes I can see the option to post now!!

Great!

It's been so long since I was a new user that I've forgotten what the process looks like.. When you signed up for the group, did you get an email, saying that you had to click a link or do something? I'm just wondering what the process is and how things can be made smoother for new users...

Great!

It's been so long since I was a new user that I've forgotten what the process looks like.. When you signed up for the group, did you get an email, saying that you had to click a link or do something? I'm just wondering what the process is and how things can be made smoother for new users...

No, I didn't get an email to click on something.. there should be a way to give post permissions by default to all new users that sign up..

or mabye it is an anti-spam feature where users have to click something to be allowed to post...who knows..

Great!

No, I didn't get an email to click on something.. there should be a way to give post permissions by default to all new users that sign up..

Don't really want to do that - it encourages the spammers.. :(

or mabye it is an anti-spam feature where users have to click something to be allowed to post...who knows..

It should be obvious for new users so I suspect something is broken. I had to switch back to the old groups format to enable posting for you - googles "new and improved" format seems to be missing a bunch of admin features. :roll:

I reported the weirdness to google. No idea if they'll fix it, though...