software/hardware Help needed

nautilus

Posted · software/hardware Help needed

Hello anybody,

I need help ......please

I bild my Ultimaker two week ago but i still can't get it to print.

I tried many software settings on 3 diferent computer en stil don't have full control.

All axes work fine, extruder get hot and cold, fan goes on and of but I can't get control over mij feeder.....

also the functions on real time menu/window don''t work....

yesterday after hours of trying a printed a 20mm cube....

Today.....nothing

I have win7 32 bit

ReplicatorG version: 0034

Java version: 1.6.0_16 Python 2.7.2

Machine Profile Name: Ultimaker Sprinter/Marlin

Driver Type: RepRap5D and Slic3r 0.7.1

Name: Ultimaker Sprinter/Marlin

Motherboard firmware version: Marlin v1.0

The lights turn Green in RepG34 wen i click "turn on" and the temp reading is there.

The control panel acts as expected and i can change temperature. But i can't start the extrudermotor from the control panel even when target temps are reached.

when i start to build 20mm calibration box all axes go to end piont and waits for 30 sec then goes to center and follows de program pad but no extrusion......

and no control over the functions on real time menu/window

what is wrong ? what do I miss?

please help

also had problems with RepG26 and netfabb studio, no real controle....

The extruder motor never turns? I don't think that's software related, but more likely a problem in the hardware. A bad connection to the extruder motor, or a bad motor driver, or bad current settings on the motor driver.

You could try swapping out the extruder motor driver with the X or Y driver, to see if it's the driver problem or something else.

No-no the motor is fine, I printed already 1 time a 20 mm cube. No problems there.

and in ReplicatorG version: 0026 I had some control over the extruder fast and slow , but not over de program...

No I think',..... It must be software relayted... All the hardware worked at leased ones...

how do I know if python works ? what does it do...?

and I am use-ing slic3r 0.7.1 or is skeinforge 40 better?

I just got it to work again......

If a start a build I had the first 200 sec no control over what is happening.... but

after about 200 sec I had some control .....

I could put the fan off and on and could speed up...

but still no control over de extruder feed speed......

Maybe I shout try cura......

you should give Cura a try. I set up my printer a month ago. I had all kinds of issues trying to print..From the software perspective Cura keeps things simple, so it is easy to start with it in the beginning - thus making it easy to troubleshoot issues.. Once you're getting consitent prints, you can play around with other software packages or settings. I use cura for most of my slicing needs..sometimes I use slic3r as Cura gives errrors when stl's have intersecting meshes etc...I had purchased Netfabb - as ultimaker mentioned on their website, it is easy for beginners..but i did not see that to be the case at all.. In hindsight buying Netfabb was a bad decision...but whatever..

The root cause of all my issues were mainly related to printing at lower temperature (as the temperature is way off for me.. 30 degrees offf), and wrong E value and setting the filament tension screw too tight... These caused all sorts of issues (like filament stripping, hot end bowden plug, cold end bowden plug - stock silver filament diameter was more than 3.25 mm at certain places, hot end bowden pop, cold end bowden pop etc)

What I think is that you are waiting for the temperature to come up... Try settings, "read temperature during build" and watch the magic happen ;)

Yep cura works no problems there .......

Its nice to make a few good prints, nice quality, looking good.

But now I still like to find out why replicator and netfabb is partly not....

I will not give up jet.