Actual print is offset to the left vs. Cura

uze6666

Posted · Actual print is offset to the left vs. Cura

I noticed today that my print is offset to the left on the build plate by about 2cm, albeit being perfectly centered in Cura (14.05-RC2). No big deal, but I just wondered if I'm missing a setting or something.

You can see in Cura, it's 5.5 squares on each side.

cura6.jpg

On my plate, it's off by 2cm.

cura7.jpg

Posted · Actual print is offset to the left vs. Cura

You are using the "left" nozzle. It's offset X cm to the left. If any of us ever get to use the "right" nozzle it will be offset X cm to the right and utilize a little bit more of the build area ( 2Xcm). Not sure if X is 2 or maybe closer to 1.5?

If some day you want to make a multicolored print with both colors on the left and right edges of the print the build volume will be much less than advertised. Similarly, if the left side of the part is printed with one nozzle and the right side with the other we will gain quite a bit in build volume.