Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
ian

My Presentation from the Big Erfurt 3D Fair Germany 2014

I think hotend mounted feeders are the best solution.. then bye bye bowden ! :smile:

Ian

Absolutely!

I've been considering this one by Gregwar.

But your dragnet really appeals to me ...

I'll wait for it.

..... .. . . .

Waiting.. .

How are you doing?

still waiting.... ... .. . . .

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

As a poor speller myself (native English speaker so I have no excuse), it's unfortunate that misspellings in a presentation give the impression of lack of knowledge, intelligence and/or education when that impression can be quite incorrect. In my case, the US education system wasn't the best when I was in school. It's better now but no where near other countries.

Anyhow, that dragnet feeder is pretty slick. I was thinking of doing something similar where both the idler bearing and knurled bolt are driven but I couldn't workout the geometry that would allow it to be powered by one source while maintaining the ability to adjust it. Seems like you have...

One thing I did I really liked was to replace my UM1's feeder gear set with a herringbone set. It allows very little backlash. If you have backlash, you might considered a similar solution.