Need serious help with Ultimaker support, sales.

naz72

Posted · Need serious help with Ultimaker support, sales.

Dear Sir,

As seen from my previous post I had a problem with my UM2 since the start and got a replacement that worked fine for some time and than the main board died on me, it took Ultimaker a month to get back to me & another send a replacement board and 3 month later my ultimaker is sitting doing nothing cause I needed a new extruder and it took them 1 month exactly to notice that I can't check out of my cart to pay for it, the parts are there in the cart but there was no way to click next for payment, in fact after all this wait they decided to send me an email & ask me to make the payment via bank transfer, which is ridiculous since I pay with Paypal for 2 ultimakers already (UM1 & UM2) and for such a small amount they want me to go out of my way & go to the bank and make the wire transfer, which of course it didn't do since I really don't have time.

Now about a week ago I decided to install the new main board and just try to fix the extruder later myself & of course I posted on another thread that I was having issues, so I. Opened a ticket & yesterday I finally got a reply for tech support, who even confessed to being sorry for such a long delay etc, I replied and I never got an answer yet.

So I decided to give them another chance & not wanting to have a printer that is just not working especially since I have loads of 3mm filement that I would like to make use of I decided to order "another" UM2 check Order R472050124-1.

But after a couple of emails with tech support for my older printer and the fact that they can't even fix a simple cart issue for over 3 month, I would like to cancel my new order ASAP.

As I really will not tolerate the terrible customer support for 1 printer, let alone. 2nd one if I get issues down the line.

So I would appreciate that Ultimaker stands behind their product and cancel my new order (Order R472050124-1) and also help me ASAP get replacement parts to my older printer.

I am really sad as my older UM worked flawlessly without any issues and you can buy spare parts online easy & after the UM2 I see that their customer support is the worst in the market and the products is flawed & we can't buy spare parts until we send an email to customer support & they add it to your cart, the problem is you can never checkout to pay for it and it took them month and they still didn't solve the issue, nor my older printer.

I have all emails if anyone wants prove with dates and I am getting really really really frustrated, I am not even sure what to do.

I have no idea why I placed another order and would like to cancel it please and have a full refund.

P.S: Ultimaker management if your reading this than you really need to look into these issues with customer support.

Hi Naser,

Thank you for your post.

I know you have not the most trouble-free experience with Ultimaker up until this point.

I am glad to hear you decided to place another order, but I feel sorry you felt to cancel it again at the same time.

Based on your frustrations I took the effort to go through your historie with our department but in general you have had a response time of generally 2-3 days with one exception of 12 days. I understand it is not fast enough, but I can not find a record of you waiting approx. a month. Do you have several accounts or names you communicate through?

Also if you have just replied the day before this post perhaps you should give my colleagues from support some more time to get back with you.

Anyway I like to look forward and work towards a solution.

From your post I am not sure if you are open for this since the solution we mentioned earlier about paying through wire transfer was also not welcomed.

Please let me know if you want to work with me towards a new feeder and electronics and continue with your order

of if you rather cancel it and leave it at that.

If you want you can also send me a DM.

Looking forward hearing from you and hopefully we can move towards a better outcome.

Hi Sander,

Thank you for taking the time to help and appreciate the fact that you went through my history.

I still would like to cancel my order please and have a refund for the new UM2 but I am hoping you can help me get this printer working again.

I didn't go through my old emails to give you exact dates, but the fact that I still have a non working printer 3 month later after I first opened a ticket is non deny able.

Maybe the new payment terms of wire transfer doesn't work for me, but it started with them adding the parts for the new extruder to my cart and asking me to checkout & pay for it which is of course via credit card or paypal as that is the option when you checkout.

But it took me several emails and more than a month back & forth with customer support trying to tell them that the parts are in my cart but there is no option to check out or pay for it & they couldn't fix it.

After all this time wasted they came back saying we send you an invoice by email to pay via bank transfer, why was this not stated from the start instead of wasting a month or more to say that this is the only payment options for parts !???

Today I am still back & forth with customer support to get my problem fixed with the new main board not working & two or three emails so far in the past 6 days I mentioned that the board has the green light "again" but the LCD screen doesn't come on nor does the printer itself, still his last email asked me if my board turns on and if the green light comes on & I mentioned that twice already in two emails, just wasted emails with no solutions.

If you check my email to Marrit, I said that the green light on my controller comes on but nothing on the LCD as mentioned in "my older email".

Between every email sometimes it takes 2 or 3 days or in one case as you mentioned 12 days, add this up & month pass by without getting a solution or fixing my printer.

I got so tired of this I stopped caring for month but than I decided I need to get this printer running again & than contacted customer support again, that was maybe a week or so ago and just like before time is going by without getting a solution.

Unlike with the older UM where I could order any spare parts online & pay via "PAYPAL" I would have done this and skipped customer support all together even if it means I would have to pay. These things fail and needs parts every now & than , why don't we have spare parts for UM2 in the online store ?! I'd rather buy a printer I can order parts for with a click than asking support to send etc...

So I don't want to go back and forth with this whole thing again or argue or how long or why etc..

Therefore I would appreciate that you cancel my new order and refund me the money and also help me fix this printer, again when I power the board the green led lights up but nothing on the LCD nor does any lights inside the printer come on.

Thank you,

Hi Naser,

Thank you for your fast reply.

I spoke with our financial department and you should be able to pay through Paypal as well.

Details will be send in a DM.

Perhaps this will also shine new light on your current order, if not I can help you through the process of a refund.

I will follow up on this in the DM as well.

Thank you for your time,

Sander,

I just got an email that my printer has shipped, this is un acceptable, we agreed that you will refund my money & also send me a payment for my spare parts to fix my older printer.

I am really really upset with your service. 20 days now & no reply from you what so ever !!!

This happened 2 months ago and the support didnt change.

I also have a problem and my printer is off for a month

I gonna return it and get my money back

Horrible experience

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for your post.

I have read back through your conversation with our technical service desk and I feel like we did offer our help.

We helped you troubleshoot your Ultimaker and every time, except for 1 delayed reply, you received a a reply every day. I understand you are very eager to get your machine back to work, but especially for that reason it is important that you put the emphasize in your replies in the detailed description of what is wrong, instead of saying you feel abandoned and you upset.

We have send you a new Z-motor a few days ago, in consideration of your urgent situation.

Today Chris will get back with you, continue to troubleshoot your Ultimaker.

If you prefer, or if we can not find the problem we can also have your Ultimaker picked up.

We will repair it for you and look for a solution.

In any way we are working with you to get you back to 3D printing as soon as possible, because eventually that is what we all want. Thank you,

Im sorry sander

it isnt the way you are saying. It wasnt only one delayed reply.

ALL the event you just described happened in a period of a month.

I am a very patient person and i really hate to have this type of argument but its very unpleasant to send a ticket explaning the problem, 3 days later receive steps trying to figure out the problem. OK, i did it and i replied saying that any of the steps worked... after that i have to wait an entire week or more for another email from you guys.

Im not an expert on this machines, i told you guys what i saw and what happened.

You shouldnt take my comment as a threat but a way of improving you customer support. Im not the only one complaining about it.

I dont use the 3dPrinter as a hobby but i make money out of it and it helps on my college. You should take that in consideration

Im really sorry for being disrespectful but having that machine sitting down all this time and not being able to do anything.... its just very sad.

What comforts me is he fact that you guys improved a lot the time of shipment from Holland all the way to USA. So I believe the support may improve as well.

I appreciate your response, shows me that you guys still care

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for your reply.

We definitely care and every single customer we try to offer the best experience possible.

I know it is not always manageable to reply the very same day but our goal has always been the same as yours, get you back to 3D printing. If not the same day, the goal is to at least send a reply the next day.

I know Chris will send you a reply with some more specific questions about your experience with the replaced Z motor.

Hopefully they will point us in the right direction and we can work towards the solution.

My apologies if I came across defensive, I felt the level of support Chris did offer you was not reasonably reflected in your post. Let us know when you have heard from Chris and what the solution is going to be.

If you need any further help from my end, please feel free to send me a message.

Thank you for your time, and take care.

No problem

then... you read the emails so you know whats going on

after the second print was done, the bed goes down making a weird and loud noise.

next day when i went to print something else the z axis didnt work

i replaced the z motor, and nothing changed

I plugged exactly where was plugged

Thats my situation

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for your email.

Chris will email you with some suggestions to test.

Because with the new motor will hopefully give us some more insight in whether your motor is defective or the pcb.

I know Chris asked before, but when you put your hands under your Zstage, near the 2 rods, can you manually lift it?

In my first hand experience I have ran into 1 printer where there was quite some resistance, but eventually after changing the angle in which I was pulling it up slightly, it did come up.

Could you try this again, when your Ultimaker is turned off?

Do you feel any resistance halfway? Maybe a metal brim is obstructing the movement in the Z axis?

Did you ever put the green grease on your threaded axis?

It would be also very informative if you could send Chris a video of what happens when you raise the bed.

Thank you,

I tired to move it up and gives a lot of resistance. I have to apply lot of pressure to move it up. It only moves smoothly when i turn the Screw from the motor....other than that not really even in different directions.

And yes i put the grease when i replaced the motor

Hi Rafael,

I totally agree with you & my advise is to return it for a refund.

They sent me a new printer two weeks after I asked Sander to refund the money & I decided to keep it & give them one last chance, hoping also that they will speed the process to fix my older printer & send parts faster but until today I don't have the parts & one printer is STILL DOWN.

They play with words and say things like "only a day late" but the fact of the matter is that a month passes by & you haven't got things fixed or replaced.

Even after Sander promised to fix the issues with technical support & add spare parts for the new UM2 in the online shop a month ago (Check my last post date), so we don't suffer with their lousy customer support & as you see I still haven't received my spare parts for the older printer & my last msg on the board was more than a month ago, I just checked the last email finally got to pay the amount for the parts & it was on Monday, just 4 days ago, they waste & buy time by sending the wrong email etc...

No matter what Sander says, only you & me know the truth after all the headache we went through.

That's why I advise you to return it, because printers do break down eventually & you will for sure suffer even further. I can see where things are heading for Ultimaker & with time people will find out the truth.

The new UM2 is printing fine but I am running it at default settings & sometimes at lower speed & even than the extruder slips & makes a grinding sound like the 1st UM2.

I thought they updated it but I was mistaken, now I have three UMakers here & the best one is the oldest one & you can buy all spare parts online.

Trust me, return yours & advise everyone who wants to buy a printer to stay away from Ultimaker until they get their act together, maybe we are only 2 people but nothing stronger than the word of mouth & eventually people will come forth & complain.

Thank you Naser for your contributing reply.

I am surprised that you have not received your spare parts yet, so I did some investigation and saw that they have been sent out today, after you finalized the payment 4 days ago.

An important detail in my opinion.

I will send your tracking number in a DM.

It is not activated yet, because DHL has only just picked it up. It should become active tomorrow.

If you follow the forums a little bit just recently I said that the spare parts are going to be put online, but it takes some preparation. This is still the plan and we are making progress towards the release online.

As I also admitted in one of my replies above, the path especially Naser followed hasn't been the easiest one.

But it is just an individual case which does not serve as a benchmark as our level of service.

We have managed to bring the leadtime down severely, spare parts will be released online soon.

Things are getting better.

I made the payment 4 days ago cause as your forgot to mention that after many emails he & after a month he sent the wrong part list with missing LCD PCB board & even that email when he finally sent the "WRONG PARTS" was on the 9th which was just a week ago.

so I had to reply which was by the by on the 10th ( next day) saying add the LCD Board, & yes I already told you & him that I needed a new LCD board, but of course he replied back on the 14th, 4 days later, just to add that to the quote.