after fail ,, print from where left !!

moegibike

Posted · after fail ,, print from where left !!

question , i,m using a simple trick to go on after fail with printing after ouhrs.

8 out of 10 time,s it go,s quit good ,and no los of my ouhrs printing .

got a hal sensor part for the filament , when stuck ore not delivering filament after a adjustible time , it take with the webcam a pic from my cura from the pc screen and stop the 3d printer with printing .

im reading the height that it has printed , into cura i save the g- code and open it with words and go to the height point where it whas left .

i copy it and make a new g-code prog . then i start the printer again , you need a 100% solid end stop , no wakkeling ore half loose micro switch , this way you get the starting point real good again .

starting the printer with only the first layer to print with a 25% speed to flatten nice the top from the last layer, it smooth out more the printing and getting a little thicknis here and there, but always better then lost a 20 ouhrs print .

my question then now , is there a simpler way to go on when print is failing ?

is it a option for cura to ad a plugin for...... , start from line nr ore layer nr ....... ????

Posted · after fail ,, print from where left !!

is there a simpler way to go on when print is failing ?

It should be a cura or marlin option but it isn't.

I've done it many times. I usually use pronterface to control my Z axis and find the exact spot where the printing ended - I move the head around using pronterface so i have the Z coordinate of where it stopped. I don't do the solid layer thing that you do. Instead I just remove the portion of gcode that is done and use G92 to set the extruder properly.