Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
milehigh3dii

Change Extrusion multiplier and speed during printing on UM2?

I'm looking to buy a UM2 and I was just going over all the things I do to help me print with my PBV2 that I have now. I looked thru the online manual, but I didn't see anything about if you can change the speed and volume of filament like I can now in Repetier.

I find it really helpful to be able to change the extrusion multiplier during prints. I do the extrusion calibrations, but sometimes it seems that being able to tweak the multiplier on the first layers with lots of flat areas small flat areas to get the material to lay right (even using Cura as my slicer). Plus with ABS prints with thin and high walls, I like to be able up the extrusion a bit so that it is less prone to delam.

I'm making my own filament too, which isn't as stable in diameter as I'd like (I'm printing the parts for a filawinder right now.)

Being able to change the speed on the fly has really helped when I set the speed to fast for the PB to put down fine details. It also helps to speed up time dependent prints when I need it by x:xx time.

Can you mod these with the control wheel during printing?