How to remove border

bortek

Posted · How to remove border

Hi

When I print on Ultimaker 1 or 2 without any Support or Platform, the first thing the printer does is to print a border around the object that it will print, about 3-5 mm around the object. Then it starts to print the object itself.

I wonder if it is possible to tell Cura or Ultimaker to NOT to print this border?

Yeah this is the Skirt setting, to be honest I prefer to leave this on, because it gets the material flowing nicely before your part starts to print !

I like to leave it on as well as a bit of insurance for the first layer. However there are times when turning it off is the only option, such as when you want to fit a lot of parts or a single big part on the platform.

Thanks for a quick reply guys. I found it now in the expert settings and will test it. I want it off because I want to test print in different colors therefore I am splitting original model into smaller ones each for each layers (height layer) and I want to print one on the other without removing it from hatbead.

Therefore Skirt should be off otherwise the nozzle with start to scratch on the model that is already placed on the heatbed.