Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

midi-to-cnc

Blizz

Posted · midi-to-cnc

No matter which printer you select in this tool you have to give it the min and max safe values. I recommend 1,1,1 for the minimums and 200,200,200 for the maximums. The UM2 can print a little bit larger objects than the UM. But 200mm is a very safe limit for both printers.

Posted · midi-to-cnc

@Daid: I unfortunately already found that out the hard way (during a print, not with this ;) ). I have a nice big horizontal slit in the nozzle that plastic is sticking to.

I've asked for a quote regarding some spare parts (including a nozzle) more than a week ago but so far no reply yet.

Posted · midi-to-cnc

I've asked for a quote regarding some spare parts (including a nozzle) more than a week ago but so far no reply yet.

I'll try to make sure to bring some spare UM2 nozzles on the UltiEvening monday.

Posted · midi-to-cnc

@Daid: That would be awesome, I'll make sure to bring some cash to pay for them (I assume you don't have a money terminal :p)

Posted · midi-to-cnc

@Daid: That would be awesome, I'll make sure to bring some cash to pay for them (I assume you don't have a money terminal :p)

I normally get payed in chocolate-chip cookies. Just saying ;-)

Posted · midi-to-cnc

@Daid: I'm from Belgium, we have excellent chocolate chip cookies :p I'll bring some! :)

Posted · midi-to-cnc

Got it working on an Ultimaker original using the convertor on http://en.homeconstructor.de/converter-convert-music-in-g-code.html

I changed the G00 code to G92 and moved the Z axis to a safe distance from the nozzle.

Archived