SLOW SUPPORT Broken Z axis

Posted · SLOW SUPPORT Broken Z axis

ULTIMAKER SUPPORT I bought an ultimaker 2 a month ago. The Z axis stop working on the second test print. Since then im trying to contact the support but they only answer me once a week. HOW IS IT POSSIBLE, to solve a problem chatting with the support receiving answers once a week? every email i get "sorry for this, sorry for that" but never an solution for this disrespect to the people who buy their products. Im done with this email thing, does any one here know if they have a support by phone?

PLEASE SUPPORT SOLVE MY PROBLEM

So does the Z axis not move at all? If you choose "lower platform" in the menu or "raise platform" does it move? Does it make any sound? If so, it could be the limit switch is stuck - this is common.

The limit switch is underneath the platform - lift the bed up firmly on towards the back (with power off). Look underneath the bed and there should be a long skinny screw sticking down. Look where that goes - it goes into a hole in the boom of the UM. Push on the switch there and make sure it goes down and up and clicks each time.

Thanks for answering me.

It doesnt move at all, I followed what you said and still doesnt move and doesnt make any sound...its totally dead

last week ultimaker sent me a new z motor and didnt work.

after that im still waiting for an answer from the support

It sounds like you replaced the wiring and the motor. It could still be limit switch related or it could be the controller board. You need to prove to support that you have it down to the exact problem.

First install pronterface and hook up your computer to the printer through USB so you can get much more fine control over your printer:

http://koti.kapsi.fi/~kliment/printrun/

Pronterface is a wonderful utility that lets you control the printer so for example you can read back the limit switch settings or move a single axis by 1mm or whatever.

With power off, remove the bottom cover and disconnect the Z endstop cable to see if this is preventing Z axis from moving. Leave cover off and power up the machine and connect with pronterface.

With pronterface move all 3 axes 1mm (don't home Z axis). Start with X axis for practice - move it 1mm at a time. Then try Z axis. If it still won't work then it's not the limit switch. If it is now working then something is wrong with this switch - test it with a multimeter.

If it's not the switch and motor still does not move, swap the cables for the X and Z stepper motors. Try to move the Z axis by telling pronterface to move the X axis. If the Z axis now moves then the problem was with the Z driver. Explain this test to Ultimaker and ship the board back to them.

Report here the results of these 2 tests please.

Rafael - what country are you in? This is important to get faster service. Please update your profile settings "location" to indicate your country.