Another green house

Posted · Another green house

Hi all

Here is my version of a closed chamber for the UM2.

The acrylic plates I used are standard sized and glued, hence no cutting required. I spent roughly 35€ on all parts. The rear of the top lid will be covered with cloth.

The door closes with a magnet. I will add a rubber seal to the door and will have to modify and reprint the hinges.

I also have plans to add an IP camera and hock it to the door.

I plan on uploading all plans and material sources if there is any interest.

2014 07 14 21.56.16 UM2 closed chamber2014 07 15 21.23.172014 07 19 17.00.452014 07 19 17.00.532014 07 19 17.01.062014 07 19 17.01.31

Cheers Kris

Sweet job Kris! I was looking to make one for my UM1 too, but the printed hinges look really sweet.

Won't this give a problem with hot motors, since they are still enclosed in the green house?

That is also a concern I had. But nothing has happened so far. For ABS I even use 110°C for the bed in order to avoid warping.

Oh wow cool work Kris! Please keep updating whether there's a difference in print quality before and after.

There sure is. Especially for large ABS parts a closed chamber is inevitable, see here http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/5225-managed-to-overcome-warping/

Yea ABS that's what I kinda knew - the fact that it really needs a more "controled enviroment", but I'm interested in PLA if there's also a difference.

Thanks for the link and please keep us updated on your progress and results. :D

Awesome Kris, thanks! Will give it a spin soon :rolleyes:

Here is my version of a closed chamber for the UM2.

Very nice work! Not nearly as brutalistic as my implementation (http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/5921-um2-greenhouse-edition/). Your design also makes operating the front door easier than what I have - I might make a switch to your design for that part.

Do you have photos on how you ended up closing the rear wall of the "dome"? I tried to figure out something for that before I gave up and extended the dome to get closer to the feeder.

Very nice work! Not nearly as brutalistic as my implementation (http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/5921-um2-greenhouse-edition/). Your design also makes operating the front door easier than what I have - I might make a switch to your design for that part.

Do you have photos on how you ended up closing the rear wall of the "dome"? I tried to figure out something for that before I gave up and extended the dome to get closer to the feeder.

Thanks. I was actually inspired by your work. I have closed the rear with a cloth, similar to a curtain. Much in line with the minimalist approach ;-)