Sign in to follow this  
mandyrosler

Prints failing on Ultimaker 2

Posted · Prints failing on Ultimaker 2

I have had my Ultimaker 2 for about 6 months, and it suddenly stopped working properly a while back. When I try to print the models that came with the SD card, they turn out really bad (see attached photos). Any idea on what's causing this? I've tried resetting to factory settings and installing the latest firmware.

Thanks in advance!

robot.JPG

tetra1.JPG

Here's a very nice troubleshooting guide:

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/23-a-visual-ultimaker-troubleshooting-guide

It seems like your printer may have more than one of the issues from the guide. You should definetly check all the pulley setscrews and belt tensions (it's all described in the guide).

Just keep asking if that doesn't help!

/edit:

I'd start with the "leaning prints" point. That could be it...

Thank you! It turns out that the pulley connected to the left stepper motor was loose, so once I had fixed that it worked again :).