Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
jhenn

Printhead Misaligned Along X-Axis

My Ultimaker 1 is becoming misaligned along the x-axis.

I have checked the belts by loosening the motors, pushing down and tightening and by adding belt tighteners where required. I have also tightened the pulleys (although they are quite hard to reach!).

The abnormality I can see is the small x-axis motor belts appears to be warped and twists slightly compared to the one on the y-axis. I have recorded a video of the difference here (

).

I'm not sure if this is cause of my problem. If it is does anyone know of a solution?

If this is shouldn't affect my print does anyone have other suggestions of what the cause might be?

Thanks!

I think you were filming slightly above where the problem is. The belt is rubbing against the wood near the motor I think. Try putting one washer under each of the 4 motor mount spacers to move the belt a tiny bit farther from the wood and the problem should go away.

If I am correct your prints probably tilt in the X direction (each layer skips a few steps so that each layer is placed a bit to the side of the layer below).

See 4th picture down on left side here and then click on it - the tilted gray robot:

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/23-a-visual-ultimaker-troubleshooting-guide

Is that what you see when you print? Tilted prints?

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm afraid that the results are a bit more drastic than the tilted print photo. It is more like the shifted layers photo (3rd right). See an example of a belt tightener I tried to print below.

I will try adding the spacers as suggested and report back.

Thanks!

print_fail.jpg