Interesting Ultimaker Installation

Nicolinux

Posted · Interesting Ultimaker Installation

It's a project from Joris. Known from the spiralize function, he's also involved in the Kamermaker project.

And, he's planning to bring the large Z rail attachment (which he calls "unlimited Z") to kickstarter so everyone can make huge prints.

The prints he's making are also special, as he's stitching multiple GCode files together to get areas with different settings.

Great stuff! Love it! If you want to see Joris at work, have a look now.

Right now it´s producing amazing Angel Fluff on one printer...

That's on purpose. But an experiment... : )

It doesn't look nice maybe, but it worked!!

I needed support from half way but didn't want to spend time on printing the support from the bottom, so i started it 8 cm before i needed it..

as expected i got a nice birdsnest, but on top of that the support was being build.. so most of the hanging stuf should be removed anyway...

Less nice is that i just see nr one has fallen over and that i just arrived at home... a well, will restart or resume it tomorrow...

Cool Joris. Your the first I know who is doing a birds nest on purpose. Building support on this is smart. Now I understand why you had to stitch several files to one gcode file. Also the idea of useing cord to stabilze the prints is great. Nr one shows what might happen without. Do you use octoprint or sth to be able to shut down a printer from home? The quality of the webcams is also great. Even worked with the crappy and slow company network...

>> sth

?!?! don't know sth...?

i use octoprint

The cams are done by minivegas, its not 'just streaming' images to the web, its there profession, so far i know every cam needs its own computer to streameverything right...

In the UM's i have some extra camera's, but cannot share due to bandwidth [don't want to disturb the real feeds]

would love to stream to ustream, so if somebody knows how to stream mjpg-streamer [comes with the octopi image] to ustream of livestream or whatever, please let me know (or maybe you may set it up for me : )

cheers joris

This is on top of the birdsnest...

hmmm images didn't come with the post... how can i add an image...?! (that why i like google groups... : )