Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
drofnas

Save/Load Full Settings

Is there a way to save the print settings I had for specific model?

The reason I ask if I've been playing around with the "Tweak at Z" plugin and I want all those layer specific settings to be saved, somewhere, so I can quickly reproduce that same print later on.

I was planning on using this plugin to ensure my bridges turn out perfectly for a print, but I don't wanna have to manually set these up every time I want to tweak/reproduce a given model.

A more generic option might be to just have a way to save/load all the settings into a "ini" file. Then I can have a default.ini for each filament type I own, plus specific ones for different models/filament combos. I could then go back to those and tweak them to make em perfect at a later date, or just print another exact copy.

To explain it more a bit:

in the end.gcode in Cura, in default there's a line like this: ;{profile_string}

this {profile_string} is what saves the currently used profile to the g-code for you to be able to import later on.

If you have removed this line, you have to add it back manually.

Oh, very nice. It does load up the Plugin settings as well. I was able to get all the settings back from the gcode I created for a simple bridge testing object.

This is awesome, now I can reproduce things much easier.

Thanks.

P.S. Loving my UM2 so far, already printed a ton of stuff, as well as the Low Friction Spool Holder.