Springs for UM2 Feeder

Blizz

Posted · Springs for UM2 Feeder

By a stupidity of my own doing I lost the spring that is part of the original feeder and despite all junk I have in house, spare springs are not part of that list.

Can anyone point me to the specs of the spring and perhaps a location where I can purchase a replacement?

Thanks! I really want to start printing again :O

According to the UM2s BoM it's the same type as the UM1 (D2110, of which I can't find much). However spare pieces for the UM1 feeder everywhere have the same spec, can anyone confirm:

• Outside diameter: 7.5mm
    • Inside diameter: 5mm
    • String diameter: 1.2mm
    • Height: 20mm

I think I remember reading somewhere the UM2 spring was replaced by a new version (weaker?) somewhere end Q1 this year. Probably not a big deal when you use roberts feeder as you have a lot of freedom for dailing in the correct tension... you could order at UM but you won't have it before you go to London ;) I would just try a local hardwarestore if in a hurry ... took mine out to measure it, most is close exept for the height ...

• Outside diameter: 7.5mm
    • Inside diameter: 4,7 mm
    • String diameter: 1.3mm
    • Height: 16 mm

Thanks Arjan for measuring it.

I got the info from the UM2 assembly guide, which still mentions the same spring as the UM1 one.

Here's me hoping silently they'll have some spare parts to purchase in London ;)