Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
carinac

Printing a new UM with my UM

Hi,

Has anyone printed a new UM with his own UM?

I have an original since march this year and saw some partlists spread on the internet. When I do this, I want to be sure that I print the right parts, that belong to eachother (and not of some different releases f.e.). And what if the pla shrinks... Settings would also be nice to know.

I just want to experiment with the new one, and don't know yet if I want to print a UM2 (if possible) or original. Probably the original is a better idea, as I "know" how to assemble that one and I am not very technical (allthough I dared to dismantle the nozzle as smoke and black pla came out and the UM completely stuck after printing woodfill... if anyone wants the settings for woodfill I used recently, when it got well ;-), let me know).

I assume the lasercutter parts, horse shoe and maybe the fan (or a better fan!) can be printed?

"Only" the nozzle, peek, hot end tube, hot end holder, heater cartridge, thermotransmitter, switches, controller, extruder, aluminium block, axes, power adapter, belts, hot end coupler, thermocoupler sensor, stepper driver, pulleys, bowden tube, build platform and some screws must be bought?

Beside the screws I came with this list on about 600 euro's at UM shop.

Unfortunately UM doesn't sell a package DIY kit for this use, only the whole package for 995.

If anyone has done it, please can you tell how many hours your machine was running, to make a sensible decision?

Thanks all in advance!