Ultimaker 2 Knob does not click

kaleb

Posted · Ultimaker 2 Knob does not click

Hi Eveyone,

We have recently purchased an Ultimaker 2 for printing prototypes and moderate production. So far it's been so good we have ordered a second one. However, this morning I have a problem with the knob of my UM2. While I can rotate and highlight on the screen what I need, the knob does not click. It is jammed in place.

I have removed the bottom cover and everything seems fine. I just don't want to use the brute force approach and pull the knob back to see if it comes loose, because I don't want to break anything.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in Advance

Kaleb

• 9 months later...

Hi Kaleb,

I met the same problem as you yesterday with Ultimaker 2. And after pull out the knob, I found that the nuts and spacing which used for lock the transparent cover of the knob are loosen. The spacing fell into the gap of the button so I can't click it. It all works fine after I remove the spacing and tighten the nut. Hope it helps!

Nick

You can remove the knob by inserting a screwdriver or something similar into the hole in the translucent part you can see on the inside of the printer just behind the knob. It doesn't take much force to pop it out. I had that issue on a printer just a few days ago. It was a tiny little piece of plastic that had gotten into the little groove on the shaft of the encoder which prevented it from moving.

• 1 year later...

I just wanted to put in my little story on this (and a few other) threads about stuck wheels.

This morning, someone reported that the push button on one of our Ultimakers wouldn't turn or click. So I start tearing the thing apart, and finally get to the point where I'm going to try and knock the white knob off from the hole in the back. It won't budge, so I give a few taps with a hammer on the allen wrench I'm using to push it - and half the rotary encoder rips off the circuit board!

Why was it not spinning or clicking? Because someone who'd put on some ABS juice let it dribble down over the rotating part, and it wicked in between the clear and white plastics - and glued it together.

So if it won't click AND it won't spin, make sure you haven't had something like this happen!

• Like 1