Hello from Miami

johnmclarren

Posted · Hello from Miami

Received my UM2 a few days ago and have been absolutely loving it. It's quiet, fast and precise. I did have a few hurdles, first I had a heat bed issue when I first turned it on requiring me to take the build plate apart where I found a loose wire for the heat bed. After that I had an issue with the extruder, I noticed filament was not coming from the tip no matter how much I ran the extruder. Turns out the gear on the rear feeder ground into the filament. I retracted it, cut it off and fed it back and it has worked perfectly since.

I do have one question, I have run it over night once. I know it turns off the bed and hot end when it finishes and I have it set to turn lights off, but is it ok for it to stay on? It sounds like it keeps fans on even when not running.

John

Posted · Hello from Miami

Yes, you can leave it running. The fan you hear is the so called "third fan", a tiny fan that is mounted at the rear of the print head that always runs whenever the machine is turned on. I guess you'll take a few hours off the total life of the fan but other than that it shouldn't be a problem.