Print one at a time

simchess

Posted · Print one at a time

Hello,

I am Currently printing out many chess pieces and would like to know how to disable or override cura in deciding the height with which it will allow you to print multiple objects higher than the bottom rails.

Yes I know the has a risk as I have already had a problem. my standard size castles (bishops) will not fit under the rails once printed however the cura software will still allow this to print in multiples. the trick I found was to position them in the correct orientations and they will not clash. you can only print 4 at a time other wise you will still clash. I need to be able to do this with other taller pieces instead of one at a time once I get taller than a castle.

My request for this is because I could load up, for example, two bishops a king and a queen and let them all print but one at a time, not all at once. this would save a load of time as you would not have to sit and wait for a print to finish and then re load. you could then set the four items away overnight and keep the printer running for 6 to 8 hours and have 4 prints complete as opposed to 1.5 hours and 1 print.

Any ideas or thoughts welcome.

PS I don't really like the finish when printing multiples all the same time....retractions and blemish is no good although I do get this problem with the quarks.

Mark

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies