Very annoyed

Posted · Very annoyed

So I had the same problem so many others are having - my teflon spacer has deformed. No problem, I thought, that should easily get replaced under warranty.

So after waiting 3 days for a reply to my ticket, I find out it only has a 3 month warranty.

I am not happy about not only having the actually buy the part myself, but it wouldn't be so bad if the delivery of the part was near enough the same price as the part itself!

Not happy.

Posted · Very annoyed

Indeed the price of the teflon shipping is high, too many packages were lost by low cost transport services. I know they are looking into that issue at the moment. Hopefully they'll find a decent transport company for these small parts.

As for the 3months warranty it is well specified on the website when you buy your machine...

Posted · Very annoyed

I wasn't aware of this when I bought my machine.

What you and Ultimaker are saying is that the machine has a life span of 3 months. For something that costs so much that is pretty poor.

If the part really has to be replaced every 3 months then every machine should come with at least 3 spares to keep the machine running for a year. It should also come with detailed inctructions on how to make the exchange.

I know the instructions with my machine did not tell me how to replace this part - A massive oversight in the documentation.

I hope someone from Ultimaker is reading this and immediately sends out 3 spare parts and instructions to everyone who has bought a machine - otherwise I will be very unimpressed and my estimation of this company will drop considerably because right now I feel I have been ripped off (and machine hasn't failed yet because of the Teflon part).

Posted · Very annoyed

I'm not even completely sure that 3 months of warranty is legal in the European Union the laws of which say that electronic consumer devices have to have a 2 years warranty. Maybe someone from UM could write here why they think it is valid in this case.

Posted · Very annoyed

The Teflon problem occurs most of the time on older machines (off warranty thus).

The newer machines (i'd say 3months old now) come with a newer Teflon piece that is glass-injected and supposed to last longer.

@prb4: replacing it is quite easy, and for all question related to exchange this if needed the forum is the place to start!

Here's a video showing how to change the nozzle, follow the steps (until the teflon part) and you'll change it easily

Posted · Very annoyed

Interestingly enough, after posting on Twitter about it, Ultimaker GB are saying that it does actually have a 12 month warranty. I have e-mailed the GB support address, but haven't heard anything back yet.

I really want to get a new one sent out either way ASAP but they just seem to be so slow with everything.