Need info on UltiController LCD

rarena8690

Posted · Need info on UltiController LCD

Hi Everybody,

My UltiController for my UM Original is slowly burning out... the patch of whiteness has spread as to where I can only remember where the correct wheel position is to preheat and print.

I would like to replace the LCD ONLY, planning on desoldering the current one and soldering in the replacement.

Most of this stuff is open sourced, so I was hoping somebody here would know the specs/part number for this LCD somewhere? Perhaps knowledge on where to find one?

Please let me know if you do!

Much appreciated,

Richard

Hi Richard,

You should find the valuable info here:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/UltimakerOriginal/tree/master/1146_Ultipanel_Rev_1.1/Ultipanel%201.1

The file Ultipanel rev1.1 partslist.xls contains the lcd reference (click on it then on the raw button to download the file).

This is the info i found:

DS1

532-6818

Displaytech 204A-CC-BC-3LP

lcd screen Blue/White, soldered with header 2.54 mm

It can have something to do with static discharges. If I recall correctly, this is why we added nylon screws and a protection plate to the controller for the UMO+. So if you want to prevent this in the future, have a look at what we did there.

Ummm... do we have to buy one or will Ultimaker put the UMO+ source online as for the UMO and the UM2? I have the same effect on my Ulticontroller: the white area gets more pronounced...

Hi Richard,

You should find the valuable info here:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/UltimakerOriginal/tree/master/1146_Ultipanel_Rev_1.1/Ultipanel%201.1

The file Ultipanel rev1.1 partslist.xls contains the lcd reference (click on it then on the raw button to download the file).

This is the info i found:

DS1 532-6818 Displaytech 204A-CC-BC-3LP lcd screen Blue/White, soldered with header 2.54 mm

Thanks a lot! I'm sorry I'm just getting back around to this but I'll look up the part!