Want to buy an Ultimaker immediately

pramodisha

Posted · Want to buy an Ultimaker immediately

Dear Friends,

I am a new member and have registered just today. I have been trying to contact ultimkaer people and ask them questions but no reply from their side since over one week. Hence I am posting to this forum. I guess this is the right place to ask my questions. Here is my email to them:-

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are based in India and would like to buy an ultimaker 3D printer. We are already using chinese printers and now want to upgrade ourselves to better printers in terms of quality, speed and reliability.

We have the following questions and would appreciate very much in case you can reply to each question separately, so we can make our decision and place an order for the appropriate printer. I understand that some of the following questions may have been answered at different pages on your website but I would appreciate it very much if you can send answers to all questions via email in detail.

1. What is the lead time at the moment for ultimaker original+ kit and also for ultimaker 2? This is quite important to us at the moment.

2. Can we buy ultimaker original+ in assembled and ready-to-use condition at an extra price? If yes, how much and how much lead time? If not, is it easy for anyone to assemble (we are not confident enough)?

3. Can we use 1.75mm dia filament in ultimaker original+ as well as ultimkaer 2?

4. Can we use different materials like ABS, PLA, Nylon etc. in ultimkaer original+?

5. We do want to use this printer as a commercial/industrial printer for providing services and expect it to run for 8-12 hours a day, 26 days a month. Which of your printers is more suited for this purpose?

6. Can we use dual head in ultimaker original+? If yes, can we use one material (ABS) for building the model while other material for support, so that when the model is finished, we can removed support by dissolving the same in some chemical or so???

7. Which of the spares may wear out and need to be replaced soon or which of the spares can be burned up with constant use of the printer, so we can order those extra spares along with the machine it self? For example, our Chinese printers burnt up their heads and heated bed plates pretty quickly.

8. What are the differences in ultimaker original+ and ultimaker 2?

9. How much would be shipping charges to India?

10. What is the shipping method do you use and how much time does it take to reach to India?

11. How much guarantee/warantee do you provide?

An early reply would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Pramod Agrawal.

Hello, welcome to the forum!

I can give you a few answers but a member of Ultimaker should see this soon and answer the remaining questions.

1. What is the lead time at the moment for ultimaker original+ kit and also for ultimaker 2? This is quite important to us at the moment.

I believe the lead time for the UMO+ is about 6 weeks at the moment.

The lead time for the UM2 is about 4 - 6 weeks.

2. Can we buy ultimaker original+ in assembled and ready-to-use condition at an extra price? If yes, how much and how much lead time? If not, is it easy for anyone to assemble (we are not confident enough)?

The kit is easy enough for anyone to build, it takes approximately 10 to 12 hours. For the question about buyinh a built kit, someone from Ultimaker will clarify this

3. Can we use 1.75mm dia filament in ultimaker original+ as well as ultimkaer 2?

It's possible (not out of the box) but the recommended filament size is 2.85mm

4. Can we use different materials like ABS, PLA, Nylon etc. in ultimkaer original+?

The UMO+ has a heated bed so it's compatible with most of the materials

5. We do want to use this printer as a commercial/industrial printer for providing services and expect it to run for 8-12 hours a day, 26 days a month. Which of your printers is more suited for this purpose?

The two printers are very reliable and should do the work with no problems

6. Can we use dual head in ultimaker original+? If yes, can we use one material (ABS) for building the model while other material for support, so that when the model is finished, we can removed support by dissolving the same in some chemical or so???

For the moment dual extrusion is experimental on the UMO, a dual extrusion kit will be available for the UM2 during the first part of 2015. Ultimaker is also doing some intense research and testing on soluble materials like PVA or HIPS, so yes the purpose of dual extrusion is printing supports in a soluble material.

7. Which of the spares may wear out and need to be replaced soon or which of the spares can be burned up with constant use of the printer, so we can order those extra spares along with the machine it self? For example, our Chinese printers burnt up their heads and heated bed plates pretty quickly.

As far as i know, the only part that would have a hard time with constant heat is the Teflon Coupler. As long as the printer is used in a good way, the head and the bed plates should have no problems.

8. What are the differences in ultimaker original+ and ultimaker 2?

The UMO+ comes in kit, it's slightly smaller in build size and has only one fan of the head.

Someone from Ultimaker will answer this!

10. What is the shipping method do you use and how much time does it take to reach to India?

The Ultimaker Original is available, the Ultimaker Original+ starts shipping near end of November and the Ultimaker 2 has 4-6 weeks leadtime.

5. Both machines are capable of this workload, but you may want to look into ordering some spare parts to avoid downtime, like a spare hot end and teflon part.

The kit is easy enough for anyone to build, it takes approximately 10 to 12 hours. For the question about buyinh a built kit, someone from Ultimaker will clarify this

Someone from Ultimaker: Nope. It is only available as a kit. The assembly is not very difficult and a lot of fun. You only need a screwdriver to put it together. I haven't build the Original+, but the Original took between 6-10 hours. If you want a prebuilt machine, I could recommend to look into the UM2.

Someone from Ultimaker: If you go to our website and put an Ultimaker in your shopping cart you can enter your shipping details and do a calculation. At this stage it is not a final purchase yet.

Someone from Ultimaker: We ship through DHL or FedEx. Shipping to India takes approx just over a week, but customs are difficult to predict. Sometimes they are difficult and it takes very long, sometimes it passes with no problems.

Someone from Ultimaker: Officially we offer a 3 month warranty, but after this period maintain a very customer friendly profile. A disclaimer; if you buy an Ultimaker Original(+), we can not guarantee the functionality of the machine because we have not build it. We do offer warranty on the parts itself.