Sign in to follow this  
jkaiser

Cura graphics not working

Posted · Cura graphics not working

I am trying to run Cura on a Dell machine with windows 7 Pro, but i am not able to view the build platform upon startup of the program. It basically freezes instead of showing the standard buildbox with the ultimaker robot in it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times, tried running as administrator and in different compatibility modes, all without success. My graphics driver is AMD Firepro M5100 FireGL V, which runs Solidworks, so i can't image it not working for Cura. If anybody has had this problem before and found a solution, Please let me know.

Thanks,

Jesse Kaiser

Windows 7 pro is not the issue as many people have that.

Cura uses openGL which solidworks most likely does not. The obvious answer is to try updating your graphics driver or see if there are any opengl updates in your optional windows updates. Or try a different computer.

If you come up with suggestions for customizing gcode output for the airwolf, let us know and Daid will likely put in some settings just for the airwolf printer. But don't do this lightly - really think about what gcodes need to change if any.

I agree with George, and it should be easy enough to verify: just download any OpenGL test application and try it out.