Thermo sensor replacement

eros

Posted · Thermo sensor replacement

So, my fault, trying to remove the noozle the thermo sensor got broken.

I decided to replace both sensor and noozle.

Problem is i really do not know how to connect a new sensor, i mean, i don't see where the wire is ending and i am a little afraid in disassembling my printer.

Any suggestion?

You can have a look at this:

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/25-removing-the-ultimaker-2-nozzle

And download the build manual for the um2 which is very usefull (everybody should have this downloaded)

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2/blob/master/um2%20assembly%20manual%20V1.1%20_english.pdf

I don't recommend replacing the nozzle. It's a very strong part and you are unlikely to damage it. If you cant get the sensor out and you don't mind destroying the sensor you can drill it out, or use a wood screw, insert it partly in and then pull it out with pliers. Or you can drill from the opposite side a smaller hole and then push it out with a paper clip.

You can build your own sensor with any pt100 part but if you use solder make sure you use high temperature (all lead 300C) solder and not normal (200C melting point) solder.

As far as the other end of the sensor - remove the larger cover underneath the UM2. It's very easy to remove (in fact the entire UM2 is very easy to take apart and put back together - it is designed to be hacked). The temp sensor wire is very distinct - it is a white braided cable with two conductors. And it is connected to I believe "temp 1" or some similar name.

@gr5

thanks for your suggestions, always precious, but i really think the easiest way is to put new components. I learned on my skin how i have to be careful with different materials. The sensor was really melted on the noozle, and i mean it, i tried to remove it bringing noozle temperatute up to 260° but there really was no way. I am mounting the new one easier to remove for future issues. By the way i buyed new components yesterday and had no shipping confirmation, wrote to sales for an update and had zero response, i was hoping customer care to be more efficent. The status on my order page says they are ready to ship. Kind of surprised by the lack of assistance.

So are you all set now? Do you know where to connect the wiring? Take off the larger cover underneath the printer. The circuit board has writing on it to make everything understandable.