Cura High/normal quality settings

ren

Posted · Cura High/normal quality settings

Hi there - just started using the software & it's going pretty well.

However, I would like to know what the settings for "high" and "normal" quality are.

Whilst these are returning good results, there are some areas where I would like to use these settings as a base & then modify them slightly.

Can anyone help?

Cheers!

Sure, most settings are the same as Cura's defaults. The details can be found in simpleMode.py. But the main differences are:

Layerheight 0.2 for normal, 0.1 for high quality.

Wall thickness 0.8 for normal, 1.2 for high quality

Print speed 50 for both

Fill density 20% for normal, 30% for high quality.

Daid - how does fill density and wall thickness affect quality? or do you mean quality to be 'structural quality' as opposed to (what I assumed) 'perceived beauty of the object'?

The part also will be stronger, but the infill is also better to hold up the "roof" so to say. I found that with thin layers you better have a bit more infill.

Back again.

Tried out adjusting some settings, but have run into a probelm - overlap.

cura_overlap.jpg

pink sections are the problem - green is fine - the outer overlap works, but not the inner - any ideas?

Also, the seam evident in this picture:

cura_seam.jpg

Is there a way to avoid this seam by randomizing the layer order (like netfabb does?)

pink sections are the problem - green is fine - the outer overlap works, but not the inner - any ideas?
    Backlash problems, most likely because of lose small belts.

Is there a way to avoid this seam by randomizing the layer order (like netfabb does?)
    The setting that does this is called "Jitter", but you cannot access it from Cura.

Backlash problems, most likely because of lose small belts.

I don't get this behaviour in repG though, will check belt tension, but believe it to be good.

Hallo,

how to solve the Seam and Overhang Problems in last picture?

I got such Seam every time the nozzle stops to move z-Axis.

And the Overhang is a problem with the fan (need better fan cooling)? The rest of the surface looks good for the temperature.

Hallo,

how to solve the Seam and Overhang Problems in last picture?

I got such Seam every time the nozzle stops to move z-Axis.

Yes, Daid must implement Jitter :)