Stingy Problem on edges

Posted · Stingy Problem on edges

Hi!

can you explain a little bit more about what you are printing?

0.3 layer hight.. ok, but what material? i'm guessing ABS because of the bed temp, but 235 is a really low temp for ABS, i use 260..

Hi sorry yes I'm printing abs parts for my old prusa i3', time for a new home. Now I have the ultimaker.

I've just run the print again with the same results

About halway up the print as the nozzel moves from one part to the next a there's a little bit oosing out, I guess this is because I've increased the temp to 235-240 ans the abs is more fluid, should I be increasing the retract to stop th eos sing between printing parts ,

it's currently set to 40mm/s dist 4.5 don't know which setting to change' should I increase the speed or the retraction length ?

I decided to test the last part I printed and it looks great but if twisted a little it starts to break up, I did the same to a part printed in pla and I couldn't even make a mark on it.

So what would be a good test print to check the parts are fusingptogeter correctly.

What tempreture do you set your bed to if you print abs at 260, and do you cover the side to make a chamber around the printer.

my ABS settings are actually pretty close to default, although I do print with an UM2..

which brand of ABS do you use?

if i look at the Ultimaker ABS the temperature actually says up to 265 degrees on my roll..

i print with mostly default Cura settings, 20 line brim, i usually use a solid infill (i print mostly mechanical prototypes in ABS) , bed temperature of 110 degrees and printing at 260 degrees with 50mm/s, 0.1 layer height and 0.4 nozzle size..

K.

235-240 is quite low for ABS. As you already noticed you get layer adhesion problems. I print black um abs at 260. As for your artifacts I don't have suggestions. Am I reading it correctly you print with 0.3mm layer height. In that case 50mm/s is quite fast. I have not been able to print that fast but that might be my lack of skills.

Ok I'm going to play and do some routine maintenance and speed test to know my machine limits

will report back with my findings