Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
jvis

Pauze during Printing

Is there a solution to "program" a pause during printing for putting stuff in the object and then continue printing.

Let's say on a certain layer - pause- restart with the Ultimaker controller?

Jaap

Yes there is. It's how I created the cat gears keychain:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:23589

First, you'll need the latest firmware. The one in Cura currently lacks this feature. You can build it using:

http://daid.eu/~daid/marlin_build/

Next just slice the GCode as you normally would.

Then find the layer number at which you want to stop, and insert this code after the ;LAYER:xxx comment:

G1 E-5 F6000G1 X190 Y190 F9000M0G1 X0 Y0 F9000G1 E0 F6000

The UltiController will halt at the M0 and wait for a press of the button before it continues printing.

I'm working towards actually supporting this better in Cura for the next release.

or, with the latest firmware, it is in the controller menu (Ultimaker1) Works!

On a mac the pauseatz is not working, at least, I can't get it to work. It shows up in the menu, but at layer view nothing shows up.

There should be one already delivered with cura called pauseatz which is normally easy to calculate knowing the layer thickness.

Just look into the plugin register, at my 14.01 it is there...

Its much eazier to see what layer you want to have change at rather then calculating it.

Calculations by height is a recipe for disaster. Initial layer height is not always what CURA says it will be because nozzle is not always at the bottom of the bed, its slightly higher, thus making your calculations aproximate leading to unwanted layer being effected.

Please someone, there has to be a layer # tweaker, not the height.

Its a plugin that cannot be written as a plugin, it has to be a feature because layer # is generated by slicer and only CURA engine can see where its at. plugin wont see it.