current to stepper motors umo +

Posted · current to stepper motors umo +

Hi does anybody now where to adjust the current to the stepper motors on a umo +

motors are getting hot .

i looked in the firmware but don,t know where to look (wat page) i don,t see it in the configuration.h

It's normal for the stepper motors to reach temperatures up to 70°C. If they get hotter than that, you should be concerned.

Have you oiled the linear shafts? The motors get hotter when the mechanical load on them is bigger (altough only slightly, because the motor drivers don't adjust the current automatically).

runs smooth ,i had the same thing with my prusa and adjusted the current to the stepper motor a little and realy helped alot.

so i was wondering where the magic numbers are but i cant find them in the firmware,is it in config.h? or stepper.h?

maybe someone knows

https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin/blob/fe8d8beb7a9c5288a0fe4beb32bbf32bf93e923e/Marlin/pins.h#L1576

Maybe you can make yourself a bit familiar with Github and Marlin...? ;)

The default current for x/y axes on the Ultiboard2 is 1300mA. I reduced the current on my UM2 to something like 1100mA iirc. The sound level is significantly reduced.

yes thats wat i meant ,the extruder motor is also very hot and noisy when retract so i wil reduce it a little and try it out ..thanks!

that realy makes a difference, reduced it with 100ma step at a time ,so far so good not missing steps and runs fine :)