Solid Top is not solid if Fill is set to less than 100%

dipicorg

Posted · Solid Top is not solid if Fill is set to less than 100%

I observed that the Top of an Object is not solid filled when Fillamount is set to less than 100%.

Try this: create a Cylinder of 50mm Diameter and set Top/Bottom Shell thicknes to 1.4. Set the Infillamount to 26% and Bottom/Top thicknes to 1. Slice the Object and see the Layers before change fron 26% Infill to solid. The Lines have the same Distance but are not solid (Lines touching each other). Layer height is set to 0.2mm.

http://www.dipic.org/BeforeTop.png

http://www.dipic.org/Top.png

http://www.dipic.org/AfterTop.png

The Images shows the Layer before Top Layer, Top Layer and first Layer after Top Layer.

After changing once the Value "15" in the Infill of the Expert Settings, the Problen disappeared! There must be a Problem with a new Installation of Cura (mybe the Profiles used). The solid Top is now really solif and not just for one Layer.

If anyone has the same Problem: try to change this Value one time to another and then back to 15. For me this worked.

http://www.dipic.org/TopAfterChange.png

What printer do you have? I see that you put the flow at 85%. Is there a reason for that? I know on the UM2 their is a bug if you put the flow less than 100% it will start behaving in a weird way (could have been fixed by now)

I have an original Ultimaker (DIY Kit). The Reason why I have only 85% is that the Surface is much smoother with this Setting than with 100%. I also use less on the first Layer because the Pressure is less on the Nozzle and I dont get "Elephant Foots" on my Prints.This is my Experience with my UM. When the Amount of Plastic is as exact as possible, the Prints come out much better.

After my Changes, the Prints cone out perfect. It was just because I installed another (newer) Version of Cura (15RC5) and there was somethig left from an older Version which made this Trouble. Uninstalling the old and only working with the newest fixed my Problems.

noticed this with the 15.01-RC5 as well..

bottom and top layer are not displayed. When you move the layer slider up, you can see the yellow contour banding from the bottom layer, but the top layer stays open. (because you can't go up another 10 layers)

Haven't printed it, don't know if it is just display.

What printer do you have? I see that you put the flow at 85%. Is there a reason for that? I know on the UM2 their is a bug if you put the flow less than 100% it will start behaving in a weird way (could have been fixed by now)

If you put the flow at 85%, it will show the width of the lines, and thus those infill lines, at 85% width. So that's why your top does not look filled in the preview.