Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
dipicorg

Pause at Height incorrect...

The Plug-In may have a Problem. I used an Item to print with Layerheight of 0.2mm and wanted to insert a Nut at 13.6mm (Layer 68) but there is no Pause at this Height. It only does this Pause at 13.5mm instead.

I beleive that it would be helpful to have also displayes at which Layer the Pause should happen (Layer 68 => 13.6mm). This is helpful because in Cura you can select every Layer wit Shift-Up/Down and see where the Pause is useful.

Hi

All Layers are set to the same (0.2mm). It seems that the Plug-In does only make a Pause when the Value is a litlte over the choosen Layer. There is no Offset or so for the first Layer and therefore it should mak the Pause at the selected Layer (68 in my Case).

Hi dipicorg,

I was able to reproduce the issue when playing around with the print settings a few times. I was also able to get it to work properly on the first few updates.

Try settings all the print settings and plugin settings you need for your print, let it slide, restart Cura, load your object again.

I'll dig a little more to see why after a while it stop working.

Ok so even if the display doesn't show it. The pause still get written in the gcode.

;LAYER:77
;TYPE:CUSTOM
M83
G1 E-5.000000 F6000
G1 X190.000000 Y190.000000 F9000
M84 E0
M0
G1 E5.000000 F6000
G1 E-5.000000 F6000
G1 X119.217000 Y110.010000 F9000
G1 E5.000000 F6000
G1 F9000
M82

For your info:

- The pause will occur at the first height >= to the given number so the layer height should not impact the plugin.

- The pause occur BEFORE printing the layer.

- The plugin doesn't support "Print one at a time" mode.