help with setting Layer height and infill

bob-hepple

Posted · help with setting Layer height and infill

Happy New Year To All

I have been trying to devise a bracket and came up with this

Back Rest Support

as you can see it takes up most of the bed I want to get the print time down so I set the infill percentage to 10% and the layer height down to .30

the head is .40 could I go to.40 layer height or would the adhesion between layers not work.

I am trying to get the print down to as quick as possible but with some strength, I put solid layers through aswell but print time went up from just under 4hr to over 5

i am using pla

any thoughts

Posted · help with setting Layer height and infill

0.3 layers is pretty thick for the UM2. The problem is the size of the heater block. Since its so small you will have to raise the temp very high to get a decent flow and also because of this the speed will have to be greatly reduced making your gain in time almost to none. Try not going above 240C for PLA or you risk to burn it.

Make sure its not going to hit the glass locks too.

4-5 hours is not that long.

Good luck