Print speed changes during print

u2fletch

Posted · Print speed changes during print

I've been doing some longer print runs with multiple parts with the Cura "Print One at a time" option selected. Several times now I have come in to check on a print and the print speed has reset to 20% in the machne "Tune" options.

Just now for example, in the middle of a print I reset the speed to 100%, and then 15 minutes later it has changed back to 20%.

I am thinking a master reset may be in order?

Weird. Are you using the Tweak at z plugin or any other plugin in Cura when you slice the object?

Interestingly, on a previous bridging test print I did use the tweak at Z plugin to reduce print speed to 20% at a couple of places.

I will look at the GCode of this print and Cura to see if some artifact of those tests are getting into the new print.

Learn something new every day...

I knew that the speed setting was persistant within the printer Tune settings until you powered off the machine.

What I just found though was that when loading new model files the plugin was staying persistant in Cura, even after Cura and computer was completely shut down. There was one instance of the Tweak at Z plugin still displayed in the Cura plugin tab, and sure enough, there were several places in the gcode where the speed change was present.

Same thing happened to me! I hadn't used my printer in a few weeks, then sliced something up and printed, only to find it stopped half way through the print. Cura still had the pause at z plugin from the last thing I sliced and I totally forgot about it. :)

I was thinking it was strange that Cura persisted the plugins from one slicing to another. Seems that should have different behavior. Glad you got your speed issue resolved.

It's something I see quite often. Could be good to add some display of active plugins somehow.