Cura Connect | Survey Read more... ×
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
ian

Opening Gcode in Cura

I just ran a model through my cura v4 on my office computer and because it is a much more powerful pc, the gcode comes out really fast.

Now I want to open cura on another computer and open my already generated gcode. and click print.

Is that possible, cura seems to only open stl ?

thaks a million in advance.

Ian :D

If you open an STL file it will automatic also load the [filename]_export.gcode if Cura can find it. But you can also use PrintRun to print GCode, which can load any GCode file.

im going to get the reputation of being the typical blond ultimaker user.

But on the other hand, im learning a lot and my ultimaker is rolling out better and better models every hour of the day,.

yehhaaaa.... and thank you

Ian :D:D

im going to get the reputation of being the typical blond ultimaker user.
Going to get? Don't you think you already have :p

Keep on printing ;-) don't forget to show your results here.

ok ok i can live with the reputaion of being the ultimaker blond ! BUT DOES that mean i have to wear high heels all the time and flash my bushy eye brows at every one ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian

Well, I hate to be a blonde Ultimaker user too. However, I guess I must to ask this question. How do you view the gcode in/with Cura? I must be missing something incredibly obvious. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

You can't see the text of the gcode. Use Repetier Host for that.

But you can change to the view which shows the layers in 3D, and allows you to step through them. Just click the view icon in the top right corner of the 3D window, then select the layers view from the drop down that appears. You can then use the up and down arrows to step through the layers, in addition to dragging the white slider.