Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
c4dm4n

What should I get with my new UM2

Hi all,

I'm placing an order for a new UM2 and wondering what spare should I get with it:

Guessing:

1. Hot end Pack

2. additional fan

3. Hot end temperature sensor

4. ABS and PLA material

I'm assuming the printer comes with a roll of PLA only, don't know what color. Thanks to all for your feedback.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Usually they send a roll of clear blue PLA with all printers.

For spare parts the only one i can think of being useful is a spare Teflon insulator or two to avoid the transport fee that is quite high. The other parts you mention are not really usefull, they usually last long.

Now that's my opinion and from my experience, the only part i had to replace in 9 months is the Teflon

Hi c4dm4n

Welcome to the world of Ultimaker, as Didier mentioned the PTFE coupler is a good idea, although I managed over 500 hours before needing to replace that. But yes makes sense to get one along with the printer to save on the shipping. Personally I would order filament as I managed to get through the free roll they sent with the printer pretty fast. 3D printing is very addictive.

Enjoy your UM2

Welcome to the forum!

I would get the hot end pack and an extra PTFE coupler for sure. If it's difficult to get good quality filament where you live then by all means order some of that as well. In regards to the additional sensor, that seems to be hit and miss when people change out the nozzle. Some people are able to remove it from the block, others like me had to have them send me a new one as it never came free no matter what I tried.