test print not working at all

karl

Posted · test print not working at all

hi all

I have been working through the newcomer guide first print on the wiki, every thing goes smoothly up untill i press the build button then absolutly nothing. the extrufer is still hot but nothing is happening. The building comand bar has turned yelloew with an estimated time, and works through it up to 1 min 11sec.

below the model it seems to be going through code every so often a red line appears saying resend for line 582 in one buffer resume from 580.

any ideas on what i could try and do im pretty frustrated and don't know where to start.

any pointers would be great

thanks karl

Does the extruder head move if you use the direct control window? (the button with the 4 arrows, only available when not printing)

Is there an M105 in the exported GCode? (you can switch to GCode view on the left, just below the menus and the toolbar buttons) if there is an M105 in the beginning, then remove that line. It's a "Set temperature and wait for it".

Also... (I hope this isn't it) you pressed the print button and not the simulate button?

haha I hope not

yea the extruder moves fine when using the control window

so i found and removed the m105 line in the code and still no joy but the resend line changed not sure where to go from here

wondering is netfabb easer to use?

thanks for the pointer

karl

below the model it seems to be going through code every so often a red line appears saying resend for line 582 in one buffer resume from 580.

This usually means repg is having problems communicating with the printer.. Can you copy/paste exactly what it's saying?

OK success

after being away for a few days i returned to answer durants reply to my sos only to find replicator g wouldn't open at all.

so deleted the program and uploaded version 26 and it seems to be running fine.

thanks for your responses its a comfort to know theirs experienced heads out there with sound advice.

thanks karl

now just to calibrate that z axis........

Hi,

I actually have a problem identical to the topic starter, however I can't fix it by changing repG versions (tried 25, 26 and 29).

Also, possibly related: My temperature indicator was working fine, but after a firmware update it now says its 370 degrees while its at room temperature. I can heat it up, but it shows the temperature going down while temp is going up. Did I fry something?

My temperature indicator was working fine, but after a firmware update it now says its 370 degrees while its at room temperature. I can heat it up, but it shows the temperature going down while temp is going up. Did I fry something?

which firmware are you using?

also, are you sure about the right polarity: http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Checking_the_temperature_regulation ?

Thank you for being so helpful. I figured out what the problem was (i was using the standard replicatorg, not the custom ultimaker version). Now i'll just have to get my prints done lol.