Having great difficulty printing this!

bigmouse

Posted · Having great difficulty printing this!

Hi! Using UM2 quite successfully for the short time I've owned it but this has got me really stumped!

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:555242

Lower legs and feet no problem as the feet has a reasonably large base to stick to the platform! , 8 aborted attempts at the other parts! using grey PLA, tried brim, raft, support, a combination of all three, still no good, re-leveled the table, different temps, all to no availPrint moves sags you name it, I would say its all because of the small footprint contacting the table!

Would be pleased if anyone could try printing a part, just to see if the UM" is having difficulty or whether its my settings!, particularly the head or hands, but all the other parts have failed so far with the exception of the lower legs/feet.

This model is one of the 1000 things i have on my print list :mrgreen:

But no time yet to try it.

If there's a small footprint in contact with the table, I'd say add a good brim and no supports (it says no support is needed). But you have to be sure you have a good adhesion, a great first layer.

You can maybe increase the initial layer line width (advanced tab) to 110% or something to get it to stick better.

But most important your first layer needs to be really squished

Also check the initial layer height. I just checked the with the right hand and its not properly touching with an initial layer height of 0.15 but its fine with 0.3.

If you want a thin first layer than use cut off to remove about 0.2mm.

Use brim like Didier said, add more brim lines if needed in the expert settings