Does ultimaker vibration upset the print ?

ian

Posted · Does ultimaker vibration upset the print ?

Does ultimaker vibration upset the print ?

Just a quick question, when i have ultimaker running fast, there is a lot of vibration ?

does that really effect a print and also, do these printed feet off thingiverse actually help the matter ?

if vibration does effect prints, what would be the best counter measure ?

Thanks guys.

Best wishes.

Ian :D

There are 2 reasons why I've added feet to my printer. First is to get a bit more room beneath the printer (with my modifications it's already a wire mess, and it's going to get worse)

Second is to reduce the amount of vibrations transferred to the table, to reduce the amount of noise. I used the soft PLA for this.

ok cool. thanks for the info Daid !

Can I ask, how much noise was reduced using the rubber feet ?

Sounds like a nice addon ?

Thanks and best wishes.

It depends on your table. Mine was standing on a small wooden IKEA desk which vibrated with the machine, making all objects on the table vibrate with it. But some normal soft padding might also help.

To keep the noise down I went really hi-tech... I cut off four pieces of rubber hose and stuck one piece under each corner :mrgreen: Simple, cheap and took all of a minute to do. Works great :)

To keep the noise down I went really hi-tech... I cut off four pieces of rubber hose and stuck one piece under each corner :mrgreen: Simple, cheap and took all of a minute to do. Works great :)

KISS !!! :D

keep it simple stupid !

good idea Robert !

Hmm, now I know what I can do with that garden hose I needed to throw away. :twisted: