Text on LCD display shifting

axsdenied

Posted · Text on LCD display shifting

I have an UM2 which is about a month old. Since day one every now and then the text on the LCD display quickly moves sideways and then comes back. It happens very quickly but clearly the text shifts by several millimeter and then goes back.

It does not happen very often, probably every few minutes. But often enough that I keep noticing it.

Is this normal? As I said it has been happening from the day one. Apart from this the printer works fine.

I have an UM2 which is about a month old. Since day one every now and then the text on the LCD display quickly moves sideways and then comes back. It happens very quickly but clearly the text shifts by several millimeter and then goes back.

It does not happen very often, probably every few minutes. But often enough that I keep noticing it.

Is this normal? As I said it has been happening from the day one. Apart from this the printer works fine.

FWIW, I got my UM2 two days ago and have seen the same thing since the start.

/Troed

I've seen it happen on several printers. I've also seen complete garbage on the screen at startup which clears up a couple of seconds later. I don't think it's much of an issue, just a coding glitch.