Centralized general Setting for CURA

dipicorg

Posted · Centralized general Setting for CURA

Hi Daid

I made a Mistake and uninstalled a previous Version of Cura. But before I saved a Profile in Beleive that all Settings are stored in it on my Server. After installing a newer Version of Cura and loading the previous stored Profile I observed that not all Settings are loaded back.

It would be nice to have Cura using a general Setting that uses a Environment Varialble so that the current Settings are detected and loaded when installing a newer Version of Cura.

As of my Mistake I lost all the previous perfect Settings and now I have to experiment a lot to get back my working Settings.

Please use Environment Variable to save the general Setting in the Future, it helps a lot. Thank You

You can load print-related settings (profiles) from previous gcode generated by Cura. However, you cannot restore machine settings like this. But I guess you're doing regular backups for this purpose?

In the latest versions of Cura (latest release and latest betas) the settings have moved to a location that isn't cleared on uninstall. On previous version, in windows, the settings where all stored in the installation directory, and thus get removed.

Hi Daid

Can You pleae tell us where this new Location is? I changed from RC5 to RC9 and lost all my Settings. It would be great to have the Settings on a save Place. ;-} this Way I can save the Settings also on my Server for later Installations of Cura.

Greet

Christian

Hi Daid

Can You pleae tell us where this new Location is? I changed from RC5 to RC9 and lost all my Settings. It would be great to have the Settings on a save Place. ;-} this Way I can save the Settings also on my Server for later Installations of Cura.

Greet

Christian

I'm not David... ;)

...but in case of Windows7 (or later) it should be a subfolder of

%USERPROFILE%\.cura

Hi ThinkerGnome

Thank You for the Tipp. I copied the older Files to the new RC9 Folder. That solved my Problem.

Greets

Christian