Help Me!!!!

rauski

Hello,

I recently went to change the nozzle on my Ultimaker 2, and after struggling to get the two heating elements back in they finally went. I then tried feeding material through the printer nozzle but nothing seemed to happen and the motor started to slip. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the nozzle was not heating up, preventing the material from melting and feeding through. I have no idea what to do.... and I really need help to fix it.

Thanks,

Ryan

The first place to start is to see if it will heat up at all. You can manually do that by going into Maintenance>Advanced and select the the nozzle and dial it up to 200. It will show you right away if it is heating up. If the temperature doesn't change then the next step is to see if the heater is properly seated in the block so you'll have to take apart the head. It's possible the heater element slipped out of the heater block when you were putting it back together. The heater is the large one and the temperature sensor is the smaller one.

Report back and we'll go from there. The next step will be to see if the heater is still plugged into the circuit board.

Posted · Help Me!!!!

How would I go about checking if the heating element is plugged in the circuit board. I checked to make sure everything is in order with the heating element and it all seems to be in the right place, just not heating. When heating is started the temperature sensor does respond and the heating element is cool to the touch.

Thanks,

Ryan

Please update your settings to indicate you have an Ulitmaker 2 and also your country (you can get different support depending on the country as you might need a new heater).

First of all, go to Advanced Maintenance and "nozzle temp" menus. Does it report current temp as 20C? It should initially say something like 20C/0C where the first temp is current temp and 0C is the goal.

You can spin the dial and the 0C should climb.

If your answer is that "yes, 20C" then you are correct in that it is the heater. If it reports perhaps "300C" or almost anything not near 20C then it's the temp sensor.

You probably broke the wire at the nozzle but you can remove the larger cover under the UM2. Everything is labelled under there. There are only 2 screws holding the cover on.

The entire printer is designed to be taken apart by customers.

Posted · Help Me!!!!

Hmmm.... Today I made sure to check all of the connections and made sure the Heating element and temperature sensor were in the correct places, after everything seemed in order i fired up the printer and went to "Maintenance==>Advance==>Nozzle temperature" As i cranked up the temperature it was apparent that the nozzle was heating AND the temperature was in working order... But, when I ran material back through the printer to the head, no material came out of the nozzle, even though the head was heating to the correct temperature for the material... This leads me to believe that my nozzle may be defective, Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ryan

Try the Atomic method to clean the nozzle, it might just be clogged. Go to post #4 of the thread below.

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4118-blocked-nozzle/

I actually heat mine to 210 instead of 180, but try that temp to start.

Posted · Help Me!!!!

Thanks guys for the help, I'm back up and printing! :D